To see the latest in how to TAG posts and media get this document: Caravan Web Categories and TAGS
To log-in, http://caravanfriends.org/wp-login.php
How to Post Directions
- Writer creates story text and activity.
- Illustrator creates illustrations and coloring pages.
- Designer lays out final pdfs and story image.
- Designer sends to writer:
- Story image
- All, preschool, 1-4, 5-6
- Coloring pages PDF
- Separate activities as individual PDFs
- Writer uploads all pdfs and adds all tags and descriptions on caravanfriends.org.
- Story image.
- downloadable content.
- Coloring page
To add a story, click on “add new post.”
- Title (no quotation marks)
- Story synopsis (2-4 sentences)
Excerpt/lesson (1 sentence)
- Categories (religion, character, geographic region/affinity, country)
- Story image and select featured image.
- PDFs (all, preschool, 1-4, 5-6, coloring page)
- Grades 1-4
- Grades 5-6
- Story image
- Coloring page
To add an activity, click on Media, “add new.”
Upload each activity separately.
- First, tag as “activity.”
- Then, tag as either Activity-Experience (like chai tea event), Activity-Live It (like sharing the Gospel or a humanitarian project), Activity-Puzzle (like crossword) or Activity-Arts and Crafts.
To add a coloring page, click on Media, “add new.”
Upload each coloring page separately.
- First, tag as “coloring page.”
- Then, tag as CP-story, CP-character, CP-flag, CP-other.
To add a game, click on Media, “add new.”
Upload each game separately.
- First tag as “Games.”
- Then, if the game is something physically active, tag “games-physical.”
To add a video, click on Media, “add new.”
Video should be .mov format, h.264 encoded. 480px high is fine.
- Tag as “Video”
- Tag with primary character, country, religion (like stories)
Then upload video thumbnail. Again, 480px tall is good. GIF format.
- Tag as “Video Thumbnail”
- AdRotate – used to create and display the sidebar content blocks
- Advanced Most Recent Posts Mod – used to display the “more stories” widget. Used to exclude “KidsLikeYou” from the stories widget, rather than using the built-in Recent Posts widget
- Breadcrumb NavXT – to display breadcrumb navigation
- Cleaner Gallery – used to integrate Lightbox into gallery displays. May not be needed soon, per Tag Gallery developer.
- Contact Form 7 – for Contact Us form
- Lightbox Plus – for Lightbox display of galleries
- List category posts – for shortcode [ catlist ] to list posts by category in pages
- Media Tags – to organize WP Media uploads, and to query by tag
- Redirector – creates the autoredirect for Adventures -> Stories back to Adventures
- Tag Gallery – shortcode [ tag-gallery ], works with Media Tags to create galleries from media tags
- W3 Total Cache – to speed up site in general. Reduces db queries by storing common queries on server disk. Also minifies js and css.
- WordPress Database Backup – automates db backup by email
- [ mtlist tag_name=’some tag’ ]
- [ mtvidgal tag_name=’some tag’ order=’sort order’ orderby=’sort key’ posts_per_page=’number of posts per page, -1=all’ numberposts=’how many to pull’ ]