The Caravan stories and media are intended to be very flexible in order to accommodate a variety of needs and children from preschool ages to 5th grade. You can use these materials as a teacher or a parent. Many elements (like coloring sheets) can stand alone, or you can combine a story and video with a few activities — whatever best suits your group or child’s needs.
Stories in the Adventures section contain videos, hands-on activities, coloring sheets and more. You can download a story’s complete package or, in many cases, the package for a specific grade level.
Teaching kids in 4 steps
Choose – your story, theme, religion, country, etc. (see Adventures)
Adjust – your story by using the activites of the story (if included) or choose from other activities or games
One of the most fruitful activities you can do is discuss a Caravan story or Bible story with children. Use these handy guides to help you know how to lead a discussion:
Leading a Caravan Story Discussion (download)
Leading a Bible Story Discussion (also see our Go & Tell section)
Helpful links for additional kid’s resources:
- Kids on Mission Web Site, International Mission Board: kidsonmission.org
- Drop-in Mission Education (DIME), North American Mission Board: http://www.namb.net/dime
- Children in Action Leader, Woman’s Missionary Union: www.childrensmissions.com
- Kids Web, Wycliffe Bible Translators: http://www.wycliffe.org/kids
- LifeWay, LifeWay Kids: http://www.lifeway.com
- SonLight’s: http://mypassporttoindia.org/
Learn more about the three areas of Asia: